Louisville car enthusiasts (and who among us isn’t) are in for a treat this weekend. Carl Casper is the name that is synonymous with car shows, and his longest-running event, the Carl Casper Custom Car Show  in Louisville, Kentucky will be celebrating its 49th anniversary this year. Advertised as “The greatest combined custom and new car auto show on the planet,” it is virtually guaranteed to live up to its billing. And then some!
[Updated Feb. 25: Breaking—"New Ford Escape unveiled at Louisville’s Carl Casper Auto Show"] 
The show fills the huge Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in Louisville with more than 750,000 square feet of breathtakingly beautiful vehicles, and car enthusiasts can spend the better part of three days at the show attempting to take it all in. Many clubs use the show as a winter outing and a chance to have an indoor rod run and three days of hanging out and talking cars. Every February the Carl Casper Auto Show comes back to entertain the Louisville and Southern Indiana audience with 3 days of stars and action packed fun.
Some of the treats in store for folks this year include:
- The Turtle Man, Ernie Lee Brown, Jr.; famous star of The Animal Planet. He’ll be performing on Friday (6:30-9:30), Saturday (Noon-4, and 5:30-9), and Sunday (Noon-3:30).
- Rey Mysterio, the Ultimate Masked Warrior, performing Friday only, from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Zendaya Coleman, starring as Rocky; shaking it up on Saturday, from 1-4 and 7-9.
- Billy “The Exterminator” Bretherton, performing on Friday (6:30 to 9:30), and Saturday (1-4 and 7-9).
- Michael Muhney, starring as “Adam Newman” on The Young & The Restless,; performing on Sunday, from Noon to 5 p.m.
- Galen Gering, who stars on Days of Our Lives as “Rafe Hernandez;” performing on Sunday, from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Captain America, Yogi Bear, Fred Flintstone, and a host of your favorite characters.
And, of course, CARS, CARS, CARS:
- The Low Rider Nationals—cool cars and CCE hydraulics—Friday 8 p.m., Saturday, 2 & 8 p.m., and Finals on Sunday, 2 p.m.
- Street Rods
- Import Tuners
- New Cars
- Nostalgia Race Cars
- Nissan Leaf Electric Car
- The 2012 Motor Trend Truck of the Year: The Ford F-150 Pickup
- Motor Trend Car of the Year: VW Passat
- America’s Hottest Motorcycles
The show hours for this year are:
- Friday, February 24, 6 to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, February 26, Noon to 6 p.m.
Tickets at the door:
- Adults $15.00
- Children (6-12) $5.00
- Children (5 & Under) FREE
(Advance Discount Coupons are available at local GLADA Auto Dealerships. CLICK HERE  to find your favorite GLADA Auto Dealership.)
Kentucky Exposition Center parking is $8 per vehicle per entry
Directions to the Show:
The Kentucky Exposition Center is located at the junction of I-65 and I-264 in Louisville. Signs reading "Fair/Expo Center" on both interstates lead to the main gate. Visitors may want to beat the traffic by entering Gates 2 & 4 on Crittenden Drive or Gate 6 on Preston Highway. Visitors traveling from out of state will find getting to the Kentucky Exposition Center easy as we are located just minutes from the Louisville International Airport.
From I-65 Northbound:
Exit at the Fair/Expo Center (Exit 131 B) and follow the signs to Gate 1, the Main Gate.
From I-65 Southbound:
Take Exit 132 to Crittenden Drive and merge to the far left. Gate 4 to the Fair/Expo Center will be directly on the left past the Cracker Barrel restaurant. If you continue on Crittenden Drive, Gates 2 and 3 will be on the left. To enter Gate 1, the Main Gate, go past Exit 132 and continue approximately 1/4 mile down I-65 to Exit 131B. Follow the Fair/Expo Center signs to the Main Gate.
From I-264 Westbound:
Exit at the Fair/Expo Center (Exit 11) and follow the signs to Gate 1, the Main Gate. If you continue on I-264, you can exit at Crittenden Drive to enter Gates 2, 3, and 4 (on the right). To access Preston Highway (Route 61) take Exit 12. Turn right off the exit ramp and follow Preston Highway to Gate 6, which will be on the left between the Sleep Inn and Thornton's gas station.
From I-264 Eastbound:
Exit at the Fair/Expo Center (Exit 11) to Crittenden Drive. Proceed to Gates 2, 3, and 4 which will be on the right. If you continue past the Crittenden Drive exit to I-65, exit at the Fair/Expo Center (Exit 12) and follow the signs to Gate 1, the Main Gate.
Learn more: Carl Casper's web site 
Carl Casper's Custom Auto Show – Louisville, 2009
Louisville.com's The Arena section features opinions from active participants in the city's politics. Their viewpoints are not those of Louisville.com (a website is an inanimate object and, as such, has no opinions). The Arena is read by more people in Louisville than in any other city in America. Photo credits: Carl Casper, Animal Planet.