- Brisnet speed figures were greater than 100 in each of his last three races
- Chance of rain on Derby day and El Padrino has won on both good and sloppy surfaces
- With A.P. Indy. Seattle Slew, Mr. Prospector and Giant's Causeway has a good pedigree
- Brisnet speed figures have decreased in each of his last three races
- El Padrino's success on good and sloppy tracks is well known, so don't expect much value if the conditions are poor
- Finished a disappointing fourth in his last race, the Florida Derby, behind Derby competitors Take Charge Indy and Union Rags
On a Google search for "El Padrino,"  the Wikipedia entry for dead drug kingpin Pablo Escobar  is the fifth result.
Stay away, unless the track is sloppy, in which case play him in exotics