This Saturday, December 1, The Comfy Cow  on Frankfort Avenue will host a Holiday Family Party to benefit the Louisville Children's Museum . From 6:30-8:30 pm, bring the kids to the open house for coloring, face painting, holiday freebies, carolers, and a special appearance from the Snow Fairy Princess, straight from Christmas at the Galt House. Oh, yeah. And ice cream!
Earlier in the month, The Comfy Cow hosted a creative concoction contest , asking kids twelve and under to submit recipes for a new wintertime flavor. Ten finalists were chosen, and the winner will be revealed on Saturday night. That lucky little boy or girl will receive free ice cream every day for a year, plus a fantastic prize package including an overnight stay at The Galt House and tickets to KaLightoscope. Throughout the month of December, and any other time this flavor is up on the chalkboard at The Comfy Cow, proceeds from the purchases will go towards the establishment of the Louisville Children's Museum, a grassroots effort to bring Louisville its first hands-on, interactive, multi-disciplinary museum for kids.
Hold on to your sweet teeth; here are the delicious top ten recipes for The Comfy Cow's newest flavor (and the age of the child who submitted it):
- Bonjour Toast (submitted by a 9 year old)- cinnamon ice cream, chocolate chips and French toast bits
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (age 8)- vanilla ice cream with cherries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberry jam swirl, chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, and bits of waffle cone
- Winter's Delight (age 5 ½)- vanilla ice cream, peppermint pieces, chocolate chips, marshmallows, gingerbread pieces
- Bacon Blast (age 8)- peanut butter ice cream, soft bacon bits
- Fire & Ice (age 11)- cinnamon ice cream with melted red hots swirled in, plus cinnamon mints and hot tamale candies
- Louis' Spots (age 5)- vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate chunks, modjeskas, macadamia nuts
- Apple Donut (age 3)- apple donuts, vanilla ice cream
- Cherries with a Twist (age 12)- cherry ice cream, cherry bits, graham crackers, chocolate syrup drizzle
- Chocolate Chip Pancake (age 3)- pancake flavored ice cream, chocolate chips
- Hershey Highway (age 8)- chocolate ice cream, Hershey chocolate bars, Hershey Kisses, Reeses Pieces, Rolos, Krackel, Mr. Goodbar, Take 5, topped with chocolate sprinkles
Sounds scrumptious! The winner's name will be announced at 7:45 pm, so make sure you stick around for that. You'll also get a chance to learn more about the Louisville Children's Museum initiative and how you can volunteer or donate money in order to make this project a reality.
The Comfy Cow is located at 2221 Frankfort Ave. in Clifton. (It's the huge pink building—you can't miss it!)
Photos: courtesy of The Comfy Cow