Does anyone really need another candle, or sweater, or pair of ironic socks? I didn't think so. If you're still shopping for Christmas presents (you procrastinator, you!) consider putting together a Christmas foodie basket for that person in your life who loves to eat, to try new things, and to support local businesses. I put together a chest full of my favorite products for some people who are very dear to me. Sadly, they are neither coffee drinkers nor alcohol drinkers, or you better believe I would have put some Sunergos Coffee  and some Maker's Mark in there! Despite their virtuousness, I was able to fill my box with amazing foodstuffs from around the town.
My foodie Christmas box includes:
- A $10.00 gift certificate, kindly provided by Dish on Market 
- A package of Muth's popcorn peanut brittle
- A few scattered Muth's Modjeskas , the perfect Christmas Candy, homemade marshmallows wrapped in tender caramel
- A duo praline bar from Ghyslain on Market , dark chocolate with hazelnut praline and a white chocolate center, and milk chocolate with pistachio praline and a white chocolate center.
- Smoky tomato dressing from Goose Creek Diner --easily the best salad dressing of all time. They sell it in little to-go containers, but I just bought transferred some to a glass bottle and corked it! This could work with any special sauces, provided the restaurant will sell them to you!
- THE BEST granola from Please and Thank You , with almonds, coconut flakes, pepitas, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, dried apricots, flax seed, honey, cinnamon butter, vanilla and kosher salt
- A jar of Spring Valley Farms All Natural Peach Butter which I got from the Liquor Barn off Hurstbourne
But really, you could include any kind of foodie delightfulness you can dig up around the town. Nuts N Stuff,  on Barrett, can provide hard to find spices and amazing coffee blends for the chef in your life. Cooking at the Cottage  provides gift certificates, so you can get yourself and your best friend, or your favorite couple an evening cooking class. The possibilities are endless! Happy shopping!
Photo: Elizabeth Orrick