One of the primary goals of the Passionist Earth & Spirit Center is to promote the concept of the sacredness of the earth, from the soil to its inhabitants. One way they do this is by offering Environmental Justice Tours to Louisville’s most contaminated area throughout the year.
The first Environmental Justice Tour of 2013 happens this Saturday, January 26, from 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
The tour is meant to give an overview of what is happening in the community, pollution-wise, and to illustrate that the most contaminated sites in the city are located in specific neighborhoods, many which are considered dis-advantaged.
On the tour, the Earth & Spirit Center hopes to educate the attendees on:
- The environmental problem areas in Louisville;
- The history of polluting facilities;
- The threat of industrial pollution to the soil, water and air;
- How environmental pollution affects our health; and
- How to improve the current environmental issues that face our city.
The cost of the tour is $20 and reservations are required, as space is limited.
The tours scheduled for 2013 are:
- January 26, 2013 – 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- March 28, 2013 - 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- May 23, 2013 - 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
So, if you have an interest in the environment or have a budding environmental activist in your family, this tour may be for you.
For reservations or information, email firstname.lastname@example.org  or call 502.452.2749.
For more information, visit Passionist Earth & Spirit Center  .
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock/EpicStockMedia