This evening, Tuesday, May 28 is Operation Parent  night at the Louisville Bats  baseball game at Slugger Field. Doors open at 5:30pm. Admission is $5 per person and it’s $1 Hotdog and $1 Pepsi night at the game tonight. The baseball game begins at 6:35pm.
There will be a host of family-centered organizations on hand with loads of information, giveaways, and prizes for you and your family. Here is a rundown of who will be there tonight and what they are offering:
- Muhammad Ali Center  will have candy for the kids.
- Drama by George  will have a free photo-op in your favorite costume.
- Louisville Free Public Library  will be there to introduce their summer reading program.
- Louisville Science Center  will demonstrate science experiments and have giveaways for kids.
- Los Monitos  will share the benefits of learning a new language.
- YMCA  will show you and your family how to stay active this summer.
- Junior Achievement  will have a chance to win a summer camp for kids ages 9-12.
- Challenger Learning Center  will have calendars courtesy of the International Space Station and a drawing to win a space camp this summer.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters  will teach you how you can help others around the community.
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork  will let you get up close with some critters and have summer camp information on hand.
- Louisville Visual Art Association  will be doing their creative thing with kids.
Sounds like a very fun time for Louisville families. Most schools (with the exception of JCPS ) are out for the summer. This evening’s Bats game along with all of these fun activities will be a great way to celebrate! The evening is made available in part by Louisville Bats, Every1Learns , and Operation Parent. To learn more about Operation Parent, a nonprofit organization dedicated to being an advocate for parents of preteens and teens, visit their website at www.operationparent.org . To purchase advance tickets, click here .
Image courtesy of operationparent.org