Churchill Downs is partnering with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Horses and Hope, encouraging attendees to incorporate pink into their Oaks attire and raise awareness of breast cancer. Here are some of the results.
I'm a freelance writer, focusing on travel, food, and A&E. I've contributed to Condé Nast Traveler, Fox News, The Wall Street Journal, Air Canada's enRoute, Gawker Media's Gridskipper and Deadspin, USA Today, BlackBook, and Curbed. Previously I was a senior editor at Aol Travel and MapQuest. And, before that, director of content and editorial strategy for Louisville.com. I also was the founding editor of Eater Louisville. Washington, DC based. Boston born. Kentucky Colonel.More from author:
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Annual Germantown Beer Walk rescheduled [Germantown/Schnitzelburg]
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- The Chow Wagon Returns to Louisville Next Week