Whether he was grading (harshly) the state of the nation's medical schools or sparking academic ambition in a roomful of hesitant high-schoolers, Louisville-born Abraham Flexner proved to be the educational lion of the early 20th century.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Review: Storm Large Wows The Mercury Ballroom
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- GonzoFest Louisville Raises Funds for Hunter S. Thompson Statue
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville