I’m really glad I’m writing about lightbulbs today. I’m also really glad human beings are going to talk about lighbulbs tonight. Author and historian Ernest Freeberg will present the glowing story of the modern age tonight at The Filson Historical Society with his new book, ‘The Age of Edison: Electric Light and the Invention of Modern America’. Rediscover the lightbulb starting at 6pm.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Loop 22: How a Fallen Restaurant Represents the Rise of Louisville’s Restaurant Scene
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Kentucky Derby 141 – Handicapping and Wagering
- Debauched tales of the infield [Kentucky Derby]