Bones...when someone thinks of bones, they think of the human skeleton. I automatically think of the song my grandmother taught me when I was a little girl; The ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone connected to the hip bone and you go all the way up until you connect the neck bone to the head bone. The rest of the song talks about tripping over shoelaces and being a fool.The Bones on exhibit at the Arts Council of Southern Indiana, Pat Harrison Arts Center had nothing to do with the human bones or that song...however I'm sure that Mary; the resident ghost (so the story is told) also sung that song to her children and grandchildren.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success
- Local Cafe Seeking Your Help Through Kickstarter