Bones...when someone thinks of bones, they think of the human skeleton. I automatically think of the song my grandmother taught me when I was a little girl; The ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone connected to the hip bone and you go all the way up until you connect the neck bone to the head bone. The rest of the song talks about tripping over shoelaces and being a fool.The Bones on exhibit at the Arts Council of Southern Indiana, Pat Harrison Arts Center had nothing to do with the human bones or that song...however I'm sure that Mary; the resident ghost (so the story is told) also sung that song to her children and grandchildren.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job