Bones...when someone thinks of bones, they think of the human skeleton. I automatically think of the song my grandmother taught me when I was a little girl; The ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone connected to the hip bone and you go all the way up until you connect the neck bone to the head bone. The rest of the song talks about tripping over shoelaces and being a fool.The Bones on exhibit at the Arts Council of Southern Indiana, Pat Harrison Arts Center had nothing to do with the human bones or that song...however I'm sure that Mary; the resident ghost (so the story is told) also sung that song to her children and grandchildren.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- How Rajon Rondo, Gorgui Dieng & Russ Smith Did This Past Week in the NBA
- Top 10 Indoor Options for Kids: Where To Go in Louisville
- Meet Christen ‘Tiny’ Herron: Founder of The Forgotten Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)