The forecast called for a chance of severe thunderstorms, and the press release humbly read ‘Maxim and BlackRock Stables invite an influential guest list of celebrities, athletes and tastemakers to an exclusive private bash to experience [The] Kentucky Derby…” making the storm almost sound more dangerous. The torrential downpour did eventually arrive; it closed the red carpet, sent props and riggings crashing to the ground – Mother Nature huffed-and-puffed with all her might but couldn’t stop the annual Fillies & Stallions Party raging inside the Mellwood Arts Center on Friday, May 4th 2012. Mother Nature tried to crash, but couldn't get a ticket.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana’s 9th Desserts First: A Cookie Love Sonnet to Louisville
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville
- Louisville Bats Sale Completed