The forecast called for a chance of severe thunderstorms, and the press release humbly read ‘Maxim and BlackRock Stables invite an influential guest list of celebrities, athletes and tastemakers to an exclusive private bash to experience [The] Kentucky Derby…” making the storm almost sound more dangerous. The torrential downpour did eventually arrive; it closed the red carpet, sent props and riggings crashing to the ground – Mother Nature huffed-and-puffed with all her might but couldn’t stop the annual Fillies & Stallions Party raging inside the Mellwood Arts Center on Friday, May 4th 2012. Mother Nature tried to crash, but couldn't get a ticket.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- Review: Water by the Bridge 2015
- Church of the Advent Challenges America. The Diner
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- Easter Brunch Round Up [Food & Dining]
- Con Huevos Opens on Frankfort Avenue
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015