A curious lad, Bobby decided to pedal his bicycle the 2,052.9 ft length of the double-decked twin arch bridge, across the Ohio River, and into Indiana. In doing so, he became the first citizen to traverse the Interstate 64 bridge, named after New Albany native and former United States Senator and Supreme Court justice Sherman Minton.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series