"We do have in our race the quality of leadership, whereby God blessed us to have the first black president of the U.S., with a white momma, which used to be if you looked at a white woman you'd be hung. So we made some progress, and we was hoping we could continue to make that kind of progress."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series