"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- How Rajon Rondo, Gorgui Dieng & Russ Smith Did This Past Week in the NBA
- Top 10 Indoor Options for Kids: Where To Go in Louisville
- Meet Christen ‘Tiny’ Herron: Founder of The Forgotten Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)