When the Paul family, Ron Paul and son Rand Paul, blame the Federal Reserve and its cheap money policy during the Bush years for creating the housing bubble and the resulting financial collapse, they are only telling a fraction of truth. The bigger problem was the loophole Phil Gramm wrote into the 2000 Federal Budget that made it possible for banks to lend at ratios that were guaranteed to end in disaster.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Annual Germantown Beer Walk rescheduled [Germantown/Schnitzelburg]
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- The Chow Wagon Returns to Louisville Next Week