The two dilapidated housing projects from the 1950s and a ramshackle apartment building came down in the ’90s, to be replaced with a mixed-income, New Urbanist community — an in-town Norton Commons — of more than 400 single-family homes and hundreds of townhouses and apartments on roughly 130 acres.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series