"I think my biggest, most crushing defeat was in the beginning of my racing and gambling life when Sunday Silence defeated Easy Goer again in the Breeders' Cup Classic," says racing writer and handicapper John Scheinman, recalling the Classic of 1989 at Gulfstream Park, in which Sunday Silence beat rival Easy Goer in the fourth, and final, match-up of an epic rivalry that kept racing fans transfixed throughout the 1989 season.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- GonzoFest Louisville Raises Funds for Hunter S. Thompson Statue
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Review: Storm Large Wows The Mercury Ballroom
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Power Singer Storm Large and Louisville Orchestra's Teddy Abrams play Mercury Ballroom March 24