The forecast called for a chance of severe thunderstorms, and the press release humbly read ‘Maxim and BlackRock Stables invite an influential guest list of celebrities, athletes and tastemakers to an exclusive private bash to experience [The] Kentucky Derby…” making the storm almost sound more dangerous. The torrential downpour did eventually arrive; it closed the red carpet, sent props and riggings crashing to the ground – Mother Nature huffed-and-puffed with all her might but couldn’t stop the annual Fillies & Stallions Party raging inside the Mellwood Arts Center on Friday, May 4th 2012. Mother Nature tried to crash, but couldn't get a ticket.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Review: Storm Large Wows The Mercury Ballroom
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- GonzoFest Louisville Raises Funds for Hunter S. Thompson Statue
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville