The Boat of the Ball this past Tuesday was the Belle of Louisville, as our local girl was crowned winner of the 2012 Great Steamboat Race. Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi, and having traveled across the Ohio river many times, I realized that there was a major river in every city I had ever lived and I had never actually taken a ride on an actual riverboat. The breeze wafting gently off the lazy river, water gently lapping of the bow, and what Mark Twain moment on the mighty river powered only by unpredictable currents and heated water would be complete without a day of jousting, obstacles, tossing monkey fist tossing, and VIP retrieval.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Church of the Advent Challenges America. The Diner
- Review: Water by the Bridge 2015
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Kentucky Derby Festival Fills Out Fest-A-Ville Lineup
- What Will UofL Do Next Season?
- Easter Brunch Round Up [Food & Dining]
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Con Huevos Opens on Frankfort Avenue