When the Paul family, Ron Paul and son Rand Paul, blame the Federal Reserve and its cheap money policy during the Bush years for creating the housing bubble and the resulting financial collapse, they are only telling a fraction of truth. The bigger problem was the loophole Phil Gramm wrote into the 2000 Federal Budget that made it possible for banks to lend at ratios that were guaranteed to end in disaster.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana’s 9th Desserts First: A Cookie Love Sonnet to Louisville
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville
- Louisville Bats Sale Completed