"Sometimes, all you need to know is one thing," says Louisville attorney J. D. Raine, an avid racing fan who has followed the Breeders' Cup from its inception, and occasionally happened onto a very nice pick - such as hitting a very difficult-to-foresee exacta in the Breeders' Cup Sprint in 1988, the first time the Breeders' Cup was run at Churchill Downs.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Loop 22: How a Fallen Restaurant Represents the Rise of Louisville’s Restaurant Scene
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series