Hub caps and Art: when you think of these you normally do not put them together. I ask Chris, a visitor to our beautiful city, who resides in Columbus Ohio and is in town for the World Fest, what is the first thing he thinks of when he hears the word hub caps. He said, "riding down the road and one popping off so you have to go chase it." I found that quite amusing given the story that artist Karen Welch relayed to me about a certain artist hub cap. You can hear that story and see that hubcap for the final week at the Museum of Arts and Crafts.www.kentuckyarts.org
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Local Cafe Seeking Your Help Through Kickstarter
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville