Hub caps and Art: when you think of these you normally do not put them together. I ask Chris, a visitor to our beautiful city, who resides in Columbus Ohio and is in town for the World Fest, what is the first thing he thinks of when he hears the word hub caps. He said, "riding down the road and one popping off so you have to go chase it." I found that quite amusing given the story that artist Karen Welch relayed to me about a certain artist hub cap. You can hear that story and see that hubcap for the final week at the Museum of Arts and Crafts.www.kentuckyarts.org
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Ten Places to Watch Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- The Chow Wagon Returns to Louisville Next Week
- How To Make A Proper Mint Julep