In the pre-dawn hours of a Saturday, back in August, 1962, 13-year-old Bobby Manning was out on his bike delivering newspapers, in Louisville’s West End neighborhood. When he finished his task, he noticed that the barriers to the approaches on the newly-completed Louisville to New Albany bridge...
• Yum! Brands unloads Long John Silver’s, A&W chains. [Business First] • Rand Paul rides Air Force One, thinks big. [WLKY]
• More cracks. Few surprises. [Courier-Journal] • UofL sees the need to teach students basic life skills. [WLKY]
• Yum! makes good on its promise to Bill Clinton. [Business First] • Mayor Fischer is going up the river. [LEO]
• Will Oldham comes home. [WLKY] • River Fields under fire. [Courier-Journal] • A winner at the KFC Yum! Center. [WDRB]
• Fraud author, not UofL, cancels tea date. [Courier-Journal] • McConnell, Yarmuth, Fischer tour bridge; all come back. [WDRB]
• Bullitt County judge unluckily strikes smoking ban. [Courier-Journal] • John Ashcroft sings. [Courier-Journal]
• Seven Counties Services kicks the Xanax habit, New York Times takes notice. [New York Times] • Humana’s hiring, but can you get there? [WAVE]
• Spirit of Jefferson to offer ferry service [WFPL] • Carrollton bus crash survivors speak. [WLKY] • Bullitt County’s got ‘em, still smokin’ em [WDRB]
Bummed out because of the emergency closure of the Sherman Minton Bridge? Does your commute to Louisville from southern Indiana take almost three hours? Well, help is on the way—starting Wednesday morning (09/14/11)—in the form of a passenger ferry to assist folks in crossing the Ohio River. The...
• Sorry…Louisville doesn’t even have world-class commute problems. [Fast Company] • Forty-three percent of Kentuckians denied health insurance. [Herald-Leader]
They Closed WHAT? Yep, a huge crack in a support beam closed the Sherman Minton bridge and I-64 coming from Indiana. As my grandpa used to say it's "uglier than three pounds of sh*t in a two pound bag." So, after you call River Fields about why they are against an east end bridge, download some...
- 1 of 2
- next ›