Our nominee for greatest Irish ballad is “Mother Machree,” written in 1910 by Chauncey Olcott and Ernest R. Ball, with lyrics by Rida Johnson Young. If, after a couple of Bushmills, this tune fails to bring a tear to your eye, you are not a true son of Erin.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- How Rajon Rondo, Gorgui Dieng & Russ Smith Did This Past Week in the NBA
- Top 10 Indoor Options for Kids: Where To Go in Louisville
- Meet Christen ‘Tiny’ Herron: Founder of The Forgotten Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)