Our nominee for greatest Irish ballad is “Mother Machree,” written in 1910 by Chauncey Olcott and Ernest R. Ball, with lyrics by Rida Johnson Young. If, after a couple of Bushmills, this tune fails to bring a tear to your eye, you are not a true son of Erin.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- GonzoFest Louisville Raises Funds for Hunter S. Thompson Statue
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Review: Storm Large Wows The Mercury Ballroom
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Power Singer Storm Large and Louisville Orchestra's Teddy Abrams play Mercury Ballroom March 24