"Sometimes, all you need to know is one thing," says Louisville attorney J. D. Raine, an avid racing fan who has followed the Breeders' Cup from its inception, and occasionally happened onto a very nice pick - such as hitting a very difficult-to-foresee exacta in the Breeders' Cup Sprint in 1988, the first time the Breeders' Cup was run at Churchill Downs.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle