The two dilapidated housing projects from the 1950s and a ramshackle apartment building came down in the ’90s, to be replaced with a mixed-income, New Urbanist community — an in-town Norton Commons — of more than 400 single-family homes and hundreds of townhouses and apartments on roughly 130 acres.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Surprise Prince Show Announced In Louisville
- Skiing Downtown Louisville
- Night Rider: Crazy Things I Saw Driving In The Storm
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (March 5 - 8)
- Review: Harry Connick, Jr. at the Louisville Palace