University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success