University of Kentucky junior do-it-all Randall Cobb accounted for 150 all-purpose yards and one touchdowns, while senior running back Derrick Locke rushed for 104 yards and two TDs, to lead the Wildcats to a 23-16 victory over the University of Louisville and new coach Charlie Strong in front of 55,327 fans at new-and-improved Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. It was UK’s fourth consecutive win in the Governor's Cup intrastate series, and the first for new coach Joker Phillips.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Annual Germantown Beer Walk rescheduled [Germantown/Schnitzelburg]
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- The Chow Wagon Returns to Louisville Next Week