I’m really glad I’m writing about lightbulbs today. I’m also really glad human beings are going to talk about lighbulbs tonight. Author and historian Ernest Freeberg will present the glowing story of the modern age tonight at The Filson Historical Society with his new book, ‘The Age of Edison: Electric Light and the Invention of Modern America’. Rediscover the lightbulb starting at 6pm.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success