The Boat of the Ball this past Tuesday was the Belle of Louisville, as our local girl was crowned winner of the 2012 Great Steamboat Race. Growing up on the banks of the Mississippi, and having traveled across the Ohio river many times, I realized that there was a major river in every city I had ever lived and I had never actually taken a ride on an actual riverboat. The breeze wafting gently off the lazy river, water gently lapping of the bow, and what Mark Twain moment on the mighty river powered only by unpredictable currents and heated water would be complete without a day of jousting, obstacles, tossing monkey fist tossing, and VIP retrieval.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Annual Germantown Beer Walk rescheduled [Germantown/Schnitzelburg]
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- The Chow Wagon Returns to Louisville Next Week