A curious lad, Bobby decided to pedal his bicycle the 2,052.9 ft length of the double-decked twin arch bridge, across the Ohio River, and into Indiana. In doing so, he became the first citizen to traverse the Interstate 64 bridge, named after New Albany native and former United States Senator and Supreme Court justice Sherman Minton.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Loop 22: How a Fallen Restaurant Represents the Rise of Louisville’s Restaurant Scene
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series