I traveled to Cuba in 1998 and, at the tables of several families there, tasted food I still savor: pork marinated in fresh orange juice, cumin and garlic; a simple breakfast of crispy Cuban bread and newly laid eggs purloined from hens cooped outside kitchen windows. Those memories made me wonder whether Marcos Lorenzo and Fernando Martinez would succeed when they opened their Cuban restaurant, Havana Rumba, in St. Matthews in 2004.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Genius Maps Kroger Locations By Nickname
- Poorcastle Announces All-Star Louisville Lineup
- Schimmel Follows Her Dream
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Ten Places to Watch Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (April 16 – 19)
- Essential Louisville Brunch Destinations for 2015
- How To Make A Proper Mint Julep