I traveled to Cuba in 1998 and, at the tables of several families there, tasted food I still savor: pork marinated in fresh orange juice, cumin and garlic; a simple breakfast of crispy Cuban bread and newly laid eggs purloined from hens cooped outside kitchen windows. Those memories made me wonder whether Marcos Lorenzo and Fernando Martinez would succeed when they opened their Cuban restaurant, Havana Rumba, in St. Matthews in 2004.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Skiing Downtown Louisville
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Night Rider: Crazy Things I Saw Driving In The Storm
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Review: Harry Connick, Jr. at the Louisville Palace