Frankfort Kentucky is known for horse racing in Keeneland and the State Capital building. It is also known for beautiful rolling hills and valleys. This weekend and the next few months, "The Makings of a Master: Kentucky Folk Art Apprenticeships" will explore the relationship between the apprentice and the master as the Kentucky Historical Society brings FolkLife to you through art, music, dance, basket weaving and more.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Dressed for Derby Day 141
- Loop 22: How a Fallen Restaurant Represents the Rise of Louisville’s Restaurant Scene
- The Outfits of Oaks Day 141
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville Hometown Bars 2015
- Eight Options for Mother's Day [Food & Dining]
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Kentucky Derby parties: A rundown [Kentucky Derby]
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Foxhollow Farm Boasts Great Lineup For Concert Series