Whether he was grading (harshly) the state of the nation's medical schools or sparking academic ambition in a roomful of hesitant high-schoolers, Louisville-born Abraham Flexner proved to be the educational lion of the early 20th century.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Staggers Bringing America. The Diner. to Louisville
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (February 27 - March 1)
- "Roman Citizen" Premiere in Louisville Draws Crowd Despite Oscars
- Get Your Game On: 5 Reasons to Attend the Louisville Arcade Expo
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 2015 Bourbon Classic A Smashing Success