Our nominee for greatest Irish ballad is “Mother Machree,” written in 1910 by Chauncey Olcott and Ernest R. Ball, with lyrics by Rida Johnson Young. If, after a couple of Bushmills, this tune fails to bring a tear to your eye, you are not a true son of Erin.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana’s 9th Desserts First: A Cookie Love Sonnet to Louisville
- Indoor fun with kids in Louisville
- Louisville Bats Sale Completed