“We have been concerned about the degree of economic recovery through the fiscal year, and I congratulate our managers who have been frugally spending their budgets,” Fischer said. “Through sound fiscal management by department directors, we were able to overcome the deficit without directly affecting people or services. Nearly every agency helped share the pain, and we were able to make reductions without mandating across-the-board cuts.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Church of the Advent Challenges America. The Diner
- Review: Water by the Bridge 2015
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Kentucky Derby Festival Fills Out Fest-A-Ville Lineup
- What Will UofL Do Next Season?
- Con Huevos Opens on Frankfort Avenue