“We have been concerned about the degree of economic recovery through the fiscal year, and I congratulate our managers who have been frugally spending their budgets,” Fischer said. “Through sound fiscal management by department directors, we were able to overcome the deficit without directly affecting people or services. Nearly every agency helped share the pain, and we were able to make reductions without mandating across-the-board cuts.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle
- The New Betty Jeffries Mobile Boutique: an Easier Way to Shop Locally
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job