A so-called 'Super Moon' will take place Saturday night. This unusually large full moon will be the biggest in almost 20 years, according to NASA. "The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1983," says Geoff Chester of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington D.C. "I'd say it's worth a look."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Genius Maps Kroger Locations By Nickname
- Poorcastle Announces All-Star Louisville Lineup
- Schimmel Follows Her Dream
- Ten Places to Watch Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (April 16 – 19)
- How To Make A Proper Mint Julep
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Essential Louisville Brunch Destinations for 2015