Because every state establishes its own rules for racing, including veterinary care, the Breeders’ Cup has to announce and enforce its strict veterinary standards wherever the meet is held, demanding a fully equipped trauma center as well as two state-of-the-art equine ambulances.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Skiing Downtown Louisville
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Night Rider: Crazy Things I Saw Driving In The Storm
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Review: Harry Connick, Jr. at the Louisville Palace