"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Ear X-tacy Graffiti Appears on Bardstown Road Panera
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Louisville Long-Term Bucket List
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (March 26 – 29)
- Little Free Libraries Around Louisville
- GonzoFest Louisville Raises Funds for Hunter S. Thompson Statue
- 15,000 people are headed to Louisville for the VEX Robotics Championship
- Review: Storm Large Wows The Mercury Ballroom
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Power Singer Storm Large and Louisville Orchestra's Teddy Abrams play Mercury Ballroom March 24