"The legislature's mandate that parents and legal guardians have the right to choose the school nearest their home for their children to attend is not without reason nor fortuitous. The benefit of children attending neighborhood schools is obvious. Busing creates the impediment of distance among parent, child, and school and, therefore, increases the difficulty of family involvement."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Closing Time for 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Skiing Downtown Louisville
- The Ohio River Retains Its Top Spot as Most Polluted River in the Nation
- Night Rider: Crazy Things I Saw Driving In The Storm
- Louisville Snowstorm Deals Huge Blow to ‘An Act of Dog’
- Meet Louisville’s Southern Yogi
- Chef Maria's Bistro to Open in Old Louisville
- Review: Harry Connick, Jr. at the Louisville Palace