As the parents of active eight-year-old triplet boys, my wife and I tend to get a little nervous about school field trips. Case in point: Their elementary’s recent outing to Squire Boone Caverns near Corydon, Indiana. I have tremendous confidence in the teachers and staff at our school, and yet, it’s just so easy to imagine the phone call. The teacher’s anxious voice. The attempt at being honest, yet reassuring. The name of one of my children, followed by the phrases “separated from the group,” and “somewhere in the cave.”
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle