The former Louisvillian and smarty-pants historian, Steve Kemper, retells the epic expedition of Heinrich Barth through uncharted African landscape with his new book ‘A Labyrinth of Kingdoms: 10,000 Miles in Islamic Africa’. Join him this Sunday, August 19th, at Carmichael’s Bookstore at 4pm.
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Louisville Genius Maps Kroger Locations By Nickname
- Poorcastle Announces All-Star Louisville Lineup
- Schimmel Follows Her Dream
- Ten Places to Watch Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Kentucky Science Center Needs Curious Kids for an Important Job
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (April 16 – 19)
- How To Make A Proper Mint Julep
- Start Planning for Thunder Over Louisville 2015
- Essential Louisville Brunch Destinations for 2015