A so-called 'Super Moon' will take place Saturday night. This unusually large full moon will be the biggest in almost 20 years, according to NASA. "The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1983," says Geoff Chester of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington D.C. "I'd say it's worth a look."
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Spring and Summer Sippage: 10 Places to Drink Outdoors in Louisville
- Essential Louisville Bourbon Bars
- Voting for Best of Louisville 2015 is Open!
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (April 23 - 26)
- Essential Louisville: Where to Buy a Last Minute Derby Hat
- Essential Louisville: Guide to Southern Indiana
- Kentucky Derby Festival Balloon Glow a Crowd Pleaser
- Five Kentucky Derby craft ideas for kids
- Where to Go and What to Do Derby Week 2015 in Louisville
- Where to Look for Pappy Van Winkle