Appalatin came together in 2006 through the members ( Yani Vozos, Marlon Obando, Fernando Moya, Steve Sizemore, Mason Roberts, and Luis de Leon) mutual love for the folk sounds of Latin America and the Caribbean. The blend of upbeat flute shredding and bongo jamming coexists with soothing melodies that put one right in the middle of the tropics no matter what time of year it is. Their influences consist of Silvio Rodriquez, Inti Illimani, Jarabe de Palo, and Old Crow Medicine Show, but personally they remind me of a Latin American Bob Marley. If you like dancing this evening was put together just for you, as the grooves will continue to go forth at Zazoo's with The Junk Yard Dogs. J.Y.D's (Christy O'Connell, Eric Makowski, Anthony Fossaluzza, Van Campbell, Johnny Siegel) started jamming in 2010. Their music exempts an amazing sexy swing vibe that Louisville's music scene not only needs, but is subconsciously thirsty for. Songs like "Truly" and "Burt's Apple Crumble/ Your Heart is In" take one back to a time when cars had rumble seats, movie tickets cost 10 cents, and people had class. Both the Appalatin and Junk Yard Dogs are local names that don't come up in conversation near as much as they should. Hopefully Louisville will see much more from these guys. Please visit their websites to learn how to follow, support, and promote both, Appalatin and Junk Yard Dogs. This event will begin at Zazoo's June 7th, doors open at 8pm, there is a $5 cover, and this is a 21 + event.
I am currently a senior at Indiana University Southeast in pursuit of an English Writing degree. I play guitar and write in the band, Field of Kings, as well as record and perform in many various side projects. Writing and performing has always been my two greatest passions.More from author:
May 16th, 2015
October 4th, 2015
July 26th, 2015
April 12th, 2015
April 10th, 2015
March 8th, 2015
February 17th, 2015
February 20th, 2015
September 26th, 2011
October 25th, 2011
Most Read Stories
- Underrated Louisville: Bunz
- The Hub Louisville is Open: Here’s What to Order
- Your 2016 Guide to Louisville's Sunday Brunch Buffets
- Mercato Italiano Trattoria and Market is Open: Here’s What to Order
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Kentucky's Real 'X-Files'
- One-Day Roadtrip: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- Where to Go and What to Do in Louisville This Weekend (February 5 - 7)
- 25 Special Dinners for Your Louisville Valentine
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Storm The Palace!