A grassroots rally for a PlantPure Nation on Saturday July 12, 2014 at Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville, KY was the first of its kind in the United States. It kicked off a new grassroots movement to transform the healthcare system, the food production system, and the relationship to the environment. Scientist and author Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his son, filmmaker Nelson Campbell, joined Kentucky State Representative Tom Riner to address a growing public interest (and industry resistance) to the plant-based diet. Dr. Campbell is the author of the best-selling book The China Study and was prominently featured in the hit documentary Forks Over Knives. The rally included a sneak preview of the documentary film in process, PlantPure Nation, which documents Rep. Riner’s efforts to persuade the Kentucky legislature to support the benefits of a plant-based diet and the obstacles he faced.
Lawyer, photographer, writer, teacher and foundation director. <https://www.blogger.com/profile/16755665932686671383> https://www.flickr.com/photos/86764746@N00/sets/> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL05E7431BB7A8818F (Epigrams)More from author:
May 4th, 2015
April 27th, 2015
March 31st, 2015
April 28th, 2015
April 29th, 2015
March 26th, 2015
March 20th, 2015
March 30th, 2015
February 4th, 2015
December 24th, 2014
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Best of Louisville 2015 Winners Announced
- Louisville Loves Free Pizza!
- Bourbon Boot Camp
- Louisville's Summer Hit List
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- ROMP In Review: Four Days of Bluegrass
- The Louisville Palace Summer Film Series presents Film Noir
- Riverview Park Independence Festival: Saturday, June 27
- 2013 Louisville Area Child Support Arrears List (Deadbeat Parents)
- Epic Sammich Co. Is Open - Here's the Menu