The Kentucky State Fair is still going strong, and the third concert in my agenda book for Louisville.com is the Happy Together Tour with the Turtles. American rock band, the Turtles, became known for their hit “Happy Together” in 1967. This feel-good hippie song has been featured in too many commercials and films to name. The Happy Together Tour will also feature ‘60s band The Grass Roots who are widely known for their gold hit “Live For Today.” Gary Puckett, the Buckinghams, and Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees will also be performing at this counterculture reunion. The date for the show is Thursday, August 23rd; it will be held in Cardinal Stadium at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Gates will open at 6:30pm, and the show will start at 8pm. This concert is free with paid admission to the Kentucky State Fair. For more information, including tickets and directions to the Kentucky State Fair, visit www.kystatefair.org.
Hi! My name is Jenna. I am a music teacher at a primary school. I love teaching because you get to feel like a rockstar without all the fuss of being famous. My hobbies include cosplay, reading, music, traveling, and collecting vintage clothes and records.More from author:
August 16th, 2012
August 21st, 2012
August 21st, 2015
August 15th, 2012
March 9th, 2009
September 3rd, 2015
September 1st, 2015
August 31st, 2015
August 30th, 2015
August 25th, 2015
Subscribe to The Weekender, Louisville's weekly guide for where to go and what to do!
Most Read Stories
- Where to Go and What to Do This Weekend in Louisville (August 27 – 30)
- In the Wake of the Dream: Lake Dreamland Explored
- September Is National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Watch Brunch in Lou: Proof on Main
- Where to Go and What to Do Labor Day Weekend 2015 in Louisville
- Could Louisville be the Next Hollywood?
- Fontleroys Gastropub Coming to the Highlands
- Nulu's New Star: Galaxie Bar
- Southside Quarry: the Best Place to Spend Your Louisville Summer
- The Underground Station in Downtown New Albany to Host Courtyard Cookout