The food truck scene in Louisville has exploded recently.
These food trucks seem to understand what it takes to really promote a mobile food movement in the city. The businesses maintain active social networking pages to keep customers informed of their whereabouts, and all welcome inquiries regarding catering for events.
Here's a list of some Louisville food trucks and their websites. Bookmark these links to better follow each food truck's location around the greater Louisville area.
- Busta Grill: This is a sausage cart rather than a truck, but it's mobile, and that's what counts. The cart is stationed at First and Washington streets. Visit Busta Grill's Facebook page to learn about "Joe Pesci Fridays."
- Lil Cheezers: This truck offers up gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. Here is their Facebook and Twitter page.
- Morels Food Truck: This business began on Kickstarter and has developed successfully since then. Watch it grow on Facebook and Twitter.
- MozzaPi: This eatery, which serves up traditional wood-fired pizza, has a mobile oven and a storefront that will open soon at 1015 Bardstown Road. Keep up with the progress on Facebook and Twitter.
- San Diego Sandwich Works: This California mobile sandwich café, located in a turquoise bus, promises to "bring a taste of sunshine to your day." That's a delightful promise worth testing. Follow SDS Works on Facebookand Twitter.
Photo: Ashlee Clark