- Still have an ear-x-tacy sticker on the back of your car. Even if you never really went to Ear-X-tacy. Bonus points if you’ve cut up the letters to read something else. Extra bonus points if you have a “Coexist” bumper sticker. Listen to vinyl and bemoan the fact that ear-x-tacy is gone.
- Eat only farm-to-table. Or Vegan. Or freegan. Or pescatarian. But throw all dietary needs aside for a pre-prohibition era cocktail with like, flora and fauna sprinkled in it and a garnish harvested from Narnian enchanted oak trees. $10 for a cocktail? Cheap. $10 for a bunch of free-range, lovingly crafted carrots from a local farmer? Well, gotta spend this barista money somehow.
- Be suitably pierced and tattooed, and make sure it’s totally unique. Corset piercing? Have them. Tattoo of the Louisville skyline as a tramp stamp? Sooo cool. T-shirts from Why? Louisville paired with funky tights from Dot Fox, costume jewelry from Margarets, and a vintage handbag from Nitty Gritty.
- Go to underground shows and feel superior to your friends that only go to Yum! For concerts. Feel superior in general.
- You’ve never been to Fourth Street, it’s too mainstream. Nulu, Butchertown, Bardstown Road and Frankfort Avenue are more your style. Laugh at people who suggest a chain restaurant or bar. Judge them.
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock and Nulu