- Bested seven other Derby horses in last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile when he placed third by a length
- Ran down morning line favorite Bodemeister to win the San Felipe Stakes.
- Hit the board in all eight of his career starts (4-2-2)
- Did not beat Hansen or Union Rags in that Breeders' Cup Juvenile
- Brisnet speed figure in his last race, the Santa Anita Derby, when he lost as the favorite, was below previous start
- Trainer Mike Harrington and owner Heinz Steinmann have no Derby experience
According to the Bend Bulletin, Steinmann is "credited with bringing skiing to California from his native Switzerland."
Hard to bet against a horse that's hit the board every time out (including in seven graded stakes race). Could be an overlay (fancy name for a value pick) with attention focused on Bodemeister, Union Rags, Gemologist and Hansen.
Photo: Courtesy Kentucky Derby/Benoit Photo